I can’t believe it has been a month since I last posted. It continues to be a challenge to find a balance as a working, running mom. Because full paragraphs are alluding me after a week from hell, I am going to just bullet point what is going on in my brain! That is if anyone is out there is even following along. I have been following you all!
- I am about a month away from what I have deemed my “comeback” half marathon – time goal is locked inside my own head
- Little girl is 6 months + and growing like a weed- pics below
- Daddy’s adjustment to stay at home dad has been a challenge but he handles it like a rockstar- he has 4 weeks left and I hope he doesn’t lose his shit
- God help me when she starts day care- in a month!
- I finally made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight but not pre- infertility weight ( and then there are those stubborn ab muscles that need an overhaul- ugh for c-sections)
- NFL season is upon us and I haven’t found a way to cheer like I used to without scaring the hell out of my child
- I am officially addicted to the series Weeds and I just finished an awesome book (the shoemaker’s apprentice by adriana trigiani- I get to see her speak on monday!)
- I have had a lot of tough situations occur lately that have made me question myself and doubt my abilities and my own sense of self. I have to work on being more confident in myself in addition to being kinder to myself. Now that is a journey.
- Registration for the Pittsburgh marathon opens on October 2nd . . . dare I?
- Why do I all of a sudden have a NEED to try and get into the NYC marathon for 2013? Seriously bad odds on getting in, but dare I?
Things I am grateful for today: this beautiful fall weather, baby giggles and grunts, supportive people and good listeners